Most Common Forms for a U.S. Passport
- You should complete this form if you’re applying for the first time, you’re applying for your child who is under age 16, or you don’t meet our requirements to renew your passport.
2. Renewal Application (DS-82)
- You should complete this form if you meet our requirements to renew your passport. Keep in mind that children under age 16 cannot renew their passports and must apply using Form DS-11.
- We are launching a pilot program for eligible customers to renew their U.S. passports online. To learn about the requirements and start the process of renewing online, go to our Renew Online page.
3. Data Corrections, Some Name Changes, and Limited-Validity Passports (DS-5504)
- You may be eligible to use this form if you need to change or correct your passport, or you need to replace a passport that was limited to less than 10 years validity (which is the normal validity period for an adult’s passport.)
Forms for Special Situations
- You should complete this form if you lost your passport or it has been stolen. To replace a lost or stolen passport, you must apply in person and submit Form DS-11 in addition to Form DS-64.
2. Statement of Consent for Issuing a Passport to a Child (DS-3053)
- You should complete this form if one parent or guardian cannot go with the child to apply in person for the child’s passport. The parent or guardian should submit this special form in addition to their child’s application (DS-11).
3. Statement of Special Family Circumstances (DS-5525)
- You should complete this form if one parent or guardian cannot locate the other parent or guardian. The parent who is applying should submit this special form in addition to their child’s application (DS-11).
4. Statement You Did Not Receive Your U.S. Passport (DS-86)
- You should submit this form only if we completed and mailed your passport and you did not receive it within 10 days of us mailing it. Call the National Passport Information Center and the customer service representatives will walk you through this form.